A quick-to-make healthy and delicious South-Indian meal smothered in a coconut milk with vegetables and a choice of meat
Chicken Stew is usually cooked slow in the oven to develop deep, incredible flavors. But here I will help you prepare the Stew on gas flame which is just as delicious as the other
- Chicken – 1 Breast
- Vegetables – Carrots, Potatoes, Beans, Chilies, Onion, Ginger
- Powdered Black Pepper
- Coconut Milk
- Indian Spices
- Chop Chop Chop!! Cut all the vegetables into small pieces
- Cut the Chicken in small blocks
This simple chicken stew recipe is fully loaded with tender chicken and vegetables simmered in coconut milk
- To start with heat oil in a wok or a deep pan
- Once hot, add the Indian spices to the oil and stir it a bit until the aroma of the spices fills up the kitchen
- Add Onions, and soften them till they become light pink in color and not brown
- While there add ginger and chilies to the onions and cook till ginger is cooked well
- Add rest of the vegetables, mix them well the with onion and the spices.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste and stir
- Add little water or chicken broth to the vegetables, cover it with a lid and let it cook till the vegetables soften
- It is an indication when the chicken turns it color from pink to white, that it is cooked.
- Add coconut milk in proportion to the vegetable and chicken mixture and bring it to boil
- Once cooked, let it rest for a very little time before serving it with hot
To enjoy the Stew, it is best served boiling hot with plain steamed rice just of out from the cooker.
Leave a Reply