The classic dry gin martini is iconic and the world’s most famous cocktail. Though many martinis have been created, there is only one martini and few drinks can beat this simple recipe. It is, quite simply, gin and dry vermouth.
- 75 ml of Gin
- 10 ml of Extra Dry Vermouth
- 1 Cup of Ice Cub
- 3 olives on a toothpick
- Optional: 1 dash Orange
Steps to make it
- Gather all the ingredients as per the measure above
- Combine gin and vermouth, (pouring more or less vermouth to your taste) in a mixing glass filled with ice cubes, .
- Stir for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Add a dash of Orange, if desired.
- Garnish with olives or a lemon twist
Customizing the Martini
One no longer can walk into a bar as ask for a “Martini”, it opens a list of 50 odd questions
- Gin or vodka?
- What brand of gin (or vodka)?
- Dry, bone-dry, or perfect?
- Shaken or stirred?
- An olive or a twist?
- What kind of olives?